I spent this weekend hosting my mom's first non-wedding visit to North Carolina, which was a lot of fun. We took in a Saturday matinee of Oliver! at the Cape Fear Theatre, and went shopping for supplies and decorations for the Bravo troop barracks, hoping to make things more "homey" for the 32 single soldiers who will begin moving back in a few short weeks.On Sunday, we enjoyed a fabulous ladies brunch with Bridget and Jenna (pictures to come). My "wife" Lindsay couldn't join us, because Adam came home for R&R on Saturday after nine months in Afghanistan. We missed her, but are obviously SO happy for both of them. I also managed to get some good GRE studying time, which is great, because October is quickly slipping away from me.
Matt will soon be home and two months of holiday and travel craziness will commence. We have no idea what lies in store for us in 2008, and will be making some major decisions fairly quickly after the New Year. I would normally be stressed out amidst all this change and uncertainty, but somehow a sense of calmness surrounds me. In less days than I can count on my fingers and toes, it will be my turn to hang up the Welcome Home sign and hug my husband after fifteen months....fifteen long months. I am having trouble finding words to capture just exactly how excited and anxious I am for this to be over...so excited...
No comments:
Post a Comment