Thursday, June 19, 2008

Good Morning Baltimore

We finally moved in to our new house on Sunday night. Our movers didn't arrive with our household goods until Monday night, so for a day and a half we were using the air mattress and paper plates. The movers arrived at the house at 6pm on Monday and were finished unloading all the boxes by about 1030. Of course, it was a group effort for the three movers and me to get my bike down off the truck. They were all afraid that they would accidentally drop the thing, so I had to steer and control the clutch/brake while they pushed. Luckily, the bike made it off the truck and around the street with no issues. The bed frame and one of the laptops were not so lucky. The movers broke the frame to our bed and dropped the box that had one of our laptops in it. The Army has a "full replacement value" policy on all movers, so the moving company is coming out to verify the damage and then pay for us to replace both items. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

The last couple days have been focused on unpacking and getting the basic stuff done to set up the house: cable, internet, phone, ADT, and carpet cleaners. ADT is finishing up as I write this. The majority of the house is unpacked and set up, minus a couple boxes of books and the disaster that is the office. That will be my main job next week.

This coming weekend is Stephen's wedding, so we'll be driving down to South Carolina. This will hopefully be the last of our seemingly endless trips up and down the east coast. I am tired of driving. I am tired on I-95. I am tired of Washington D.C. traffic. Nothing feels better than knowing that D.C. no longer sits between my house and my family's house. I will no longer dread the holidays.

Well, until next time I will continue to be at home setting things up. Bana starts work on Monday, so I get to be a house husband for the next month and a half. My Olympic weight set and power rack should be arriving in the mail next week, so I can spend that time working towards becoming a trophy husband too. Here's to heavy workouts, long play sessions with the dog, and having dinner on the table when my wife gets home from work. HA!

1 comment:

Monkey Tales said...

Hello Millers! Its Patty Mathison...just dropping in to say Congratulations on your new home! All the best wishes for success and happiness in the beautiful home you both have created! Enjoy Baltimore! You two are a source of inspiration for all! The Mathisons all say HELLO to two of our favorites!